Sunday, March 6, 2016

He4She Tournament Information

We are attending the He4She tournament this coming weekend at the new Charlotte Soccer Academy OrthoCarolina Sportsplex in Pineville.  If you are not familiar with tournaments, we generally have 3-4 four games on Saturday and 2-3 on Sunday.  Games run anywhere from 9am until 5pm on Saturday and 9am until 3pm on Sunday with some byes in the mix.  The schedule should be posted later this week.

We are splitting into two teams for this tournament: the A team and then the B team will combine with Charlotte Christian.  

Questions on what to bring to a tournament?  Check out the FAQ page of our website.

The tournament costs $20 per player for the entire weekend.  Bring a check made out to Charlotte Ultimate, cash, or paypal charlotteultimate@gmail.com.

These tournaments are sanctioned by USA Ultimate (the national governing body) and all participants are required to have a USAU membership.  It is pretty easy to get, just follow the instructions below.  Once you have a membership, let me know what email you registered with and I will add you to the team online.  Once I do that, you will need to confirm your participation on the team.  So the steps are: 1) get a membership, 2) sign the waiver, 3) send me the email used to sign up, and 4) confirm your participation on the team once I've added you.

Here are the instructions.  They are also available on the FAQ page of our website.

I am new to USA Ultimate, how do I get an account?
1) Go to: https://play.usaultimate.org/members/register/
2) Complete the required steps in Account Information, Personal Information, Demographics, and Emails/Alerts
3) Follow the instructions in "I have a USA Ultimate Account, how do I get a membership?"

I have a USA Ultimate account, how do I get a membership?
1) Sign in: https://play.usaultimate.org/members/login/
2) Click "Pay My Dues/USAU Membership"
3) Select the "Youth" membership
4) Go back to: http://play.usaultimate.org/members/
5) Click "Waiver"
6) Complete the waiver

How do I confirm my status on a USAU team?
1) Sign in: https://play.usaultimate.org/members/login/
2) Click "Pending Actions/Notifications"
3) Confirm all player notifications